There are a lot of ways in which you can offer a water storage solution. It can either be temporary or permanent. The best way to create a dam where water can be stored is to dig a pit in the ground. It needs to be lined with a waterproof barrier & it can get filled with water. This is a specific solution, but it certainly is not the ideal solution. Here in this article, we will read mainly on the advantages of cofferdam construction for water storage. Read it on to learn more about the overall process.
Water Inflated Cofferdams offer a lot of solutions-
Cofferdams are usually temporary structures allowing a dedicated barrier against water intrusion. Numerous construction sites use these innovative dams for the creation of temporary dams. It will enable them to get on with the project without having to work in water or make the construction project be in the right place right in the first place.
- Cofferdams can be used for storing water also.
- You may think it is probably seamless to excavate an area of ground for creating a water storage facility, but this is not accurate.
- Excavating a pit is a bit time-consuming task & it is very labour intensive.
- If the area in which you need your water storage facility is on hard ground rock, then you will have a bit of work ahead of you, creating a great deal of expense.
- You will be undermining the ambience by disturbing these areas, including that of the water table placed beneath.
- If the water storage facility is temporary, you need to make the area safe again afterward, costing you extra money.
- The damage, though caused to the environment, is likely to become permanent.
As we stated earlier, water-inflated cofferdam construction is nothing but a temporary structure that can be placed precisely where you need it to be with minimal disturbance to the natural ambience. You can use numerous cofferdams to create your water storage facility as they are fitted together using innovative & unique tight collar solutions.
As you have fulfilled the need for a water storage facility, you can remove the water & deflate the cofferdam & finally move it to the place where it needs to be.